Serious Sundays

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Yoga is NOT a Sport

Hey, it's your pal Marizo.

So I bet you are all wondering, is yoga truly a sport? Well here is the answer. No.
Yoga is basically a lot of stretching. And how many of you would say that stretching is a sport? The answer is not that many.
And yes I know yoga can prevent injury and that is basically what stretching is about. Preventing you from injury. And I know that you might say that some yoga poses are very hard. But some stretching poses are very hard. I can't even touch my toes so, I could say that stretch is very hard for me.
And yes, you may also say that we can have competitions for yoga but really we can also have competitions for reading and boom reading is a sport.
Yoga is also about relaxing and how can you relax if yoga is suddenly about competing?
So the answer is that yoga is definitely not a sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment